Complete all rounder. Beautiful white breast meat and flavour packed dark leg meat.
* Remove all packaging as soon as possible after collecting your turkey and store in a cool place, preferably at the bottom of your fridge. Remove and keep the giblets separately in a cool place.
* Remove the turkey from the fridge 2 hours before cooking, to allow to reach room temperature. If your turkey is trussed, it is best to remove the string before cooking.
* Avoid stuffing the main cavity as this stop the turkey cooking properly. Instead you may like to place an apple or peeled onion in the cavity.
* Place the giblets around the bird (this helps achieve the tastiest gravy!) season and place the bird breast side down in the roasting tin. For Crowns keep the breast up.
* Preheat your oven to 180ºc (160º fan) Gas 4/5. For an Aga, use closest to these temperatures.
* After an hour of cooking turn the bird carefully on to its back to further cook and brown the breast.
* To avoid disappointment do not overcook your turkey. This can be avoided by either using a ‘pop up’ timer or meat thermometer – you are looking to achieve a temperature of around 68 degrees. Failing that test with a fork on the inside of the thigh when the juices run clear the bird is ready.
* After removing the turkey from the oven and before carving it, allow it to rest for 30-60 minutes. Do not cover.
We take great care in providing you this product information however it is done in good faith and should not be considered a substitute for the information on the producer’s label. All products are subject to change which may affect the ingredients list and/or allergy advice given on this website. If you require further information please contact the producer direct using the information in this website or on the product label.